Forum Discussion

CD1
Cover User
8 months ago
Solved

Unable to confirm Company file in Accountright version 2016.2.1

Hi,

I have an old version of Accountright version 2016.2.1 and I can no longer confirm the company file either online or via the phone number which is obsolete. I tried various other phone options and also wrote to company, but to no avail. No response.

I have half a year of entries for the last financial year completed and I don't want to go to read only access and start again. Can anyone please help me access my files? I am tearing my hair out. Thanks very much.

• Hi CD1

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. We are glad for your efforts in letting us know about your issue with confirmation and thank you for trying to contact our phone-based team. We are sorry for any difficulties you are experiencing, and we appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. 

For older MYOB products, we have made it easier for you to confirm company files by using our dedicated self-service option, so you can generate the confirmation code whenever you need by going to http://help.myob.com/confirmation - no need to contact support.  

For full details, check out the Help Article: Activating and confirming older MYOB products.  

Please note: You will need your Serial Number and company file code available to generate the confirmation code - available by selecting 'Confirm' via Phone when prompted.  

If this does not resolve your concern, I have sent you a private message requesting the necessary details for me to check further. 

If you have any questions, you're welcome to ask here in the community. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 

Leneth

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi CD1

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. We are glad for your efforts in letting us know about your issue with confirmation and thank you for trying to contact our phone-based team. We are sorry for any difficulties you are experiencing, and we appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. 

For older MYOB products, we have made it easier for you to confirm company files by using our dedicated self-service option, so you can generate the confirmation code whenever you need by going to http://help.myob.com/confirmation - no need to contact support.  

For full details, check out the Help Article: Activating and confirming older MYOB products.  

Please note: You will need your Serial Number and company file code available to generate the confirmation code - available by selecting 'Confirm' via Phone when prompted.  

If this does not resolve your concern, I have sent you a private message requesting the necessary details for me to check further. 

If you have any questions, you're welcome to ask here in the community. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 

Leneth

CD1
      Cover User

Dear Leneth_A,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

After coming across and reading your response to someone with a similar issue, I followed up with another help request via email (to feedback@myob.com) and received an email this morning saying that the help options have been updated and to upgrade free to latest MYOB. I am not sure if you personally that expedited my request, or if the second help request generated the response, but either way I am extremely grateful for your help via your original post which put me onto the right pathway to finally get a resolution. I had sent an email to MYOB previously but had never received a response.

Love your work!

Here is the email response I received for anyone that may find it useful:-

Sorry to hear about your confirmation issue. Due to a recent windows update older versions of AccountRight no longer confirm automatically online. The solution is to update to the latest version of 
      AccountRight 2023.8 which you can find on our downloads page https://www.myob.com/au/support/downloads

There is no cost involved, simply install the latest version and open you file to upgrade it. This will be able to confirm online. We have updated our online help with this information https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Activation+and+confirmation+errors

If your file is marked as Read Only, go to Help > Confirm company file > Select online and the online confirmation will work in the updated version.

The upgrade seems to have given me back access to my accounts, so thanks again!

Leneth_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi CD1

You are most welcome and thank you as well for updating us and for your patience during this time. 

We are glad to hear that we have managed to solve your inquiry and thank you for sharing what you have tried with the MYOB Community. We value your effort in trying to resolve this. I am sure that other users will benefit from the information you have provided. 

In case you have any further queries, please feel free to return to the Community Forum. Our team is always here to help. 

Cheers, 
        Leneth