Forum Discussion

Erl_
User
4 months ago

Open Bank Transaction

I already allocated the manual posting of payment when I received the remittance advice from the customer to an open invoice. But when I go to reconciliation I found out that the receipt of this payment is still open for matching and I can still select the invoice I already close. 

Any advise on this?

3 Replies

• Hi, if your payment receipt is in the Banking feed then don't do a manual payment receipt. Instead just go the banking feed and select the payment received and match it with your invoice. Hope this will be helpful.

Erl_
      User

Thank you. But since we already done the manual entry of the payments of the few invoices. Is there's a way to close the floating ones in the bank feeds? 

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Erl_,

Thanks for your post.

In addition to the workaround provided by DushMel, you will need to delete the payment entry from the invoice by going to Sales > Invoices > Open the invoice and then scroll down to activity history > Click the hyperlink for the payment and then select the delete button from the left corner of the screen. Once done, kindly follow the workaround provided by DushMel to match the transaction to the bank feed transaction.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen