Forum Discussion

btcc
User
4 months ago

Unallocated transactions on dashboard MYOB Business

Please help.

I have a problem that on the dashboard we have 146 unallocated transactions but the desktop (that we only use) shows none.

Its not a problem other than the accountant isn't happy with that.

If I try and allocate them on the online version it doubles up as they are already allocated in the desktop version.

Its like the sync is not happening correctly.

Anyone else had this problem? or have a fix.

6 Replies

Wilma
    Contributing Cover User

Hi, I have exactly the same issue and I find it annyoing and lost so much time after allocating them on the on-line version and then discovering they had doubled-up in the desktop (which is all I use) and had to re-do it all.

when I rang MYOB they said it was sorted, but guess what? nope it hasn't.

Need a solution so everything is the same.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi @Wilma,

Thanks for reaching out.

It seems that you are encountering duplicate transactions between the online and desktop versions of MYOB. It's certainly frustrating to spend time allocating transactions only to find out they've doubled up in the other version. 

When you receive bank feeds, it's important to match them with the transactions already recorded in MYOB. You'll only need to allocate it if there's no corresponding recorded transaction in MYOB. To help you resolve this, I suggest that you redo the allocations, unmatched the transactions, and match them with their corresponding MYOB transactions.

Feel free to respond if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

Wilma
        Contributing Cover User

Thanks for your response Princess, however, I do not get bank fees, so then what?

Cheers,

Wilma 

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi btcc

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about the unallocated transactions. In my understanding, these bank feed transactions are hidden from the AccountRight desktop version. Since there is no option to hide them in the browser version of the application, these hidden transactions are showing up. If there are unwanted bank feed transactions in the file, we generally create a bank feed ticket to request it to be removed. To do this, I will send you a private message to collect more information regarding the concern. 

In the meantime, feel free to create a new thread if you require any other assistance. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

btcc
      User

Genreve_S wrote:

Hi btcc

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about the unallocated transactions. In my understanding, these bank feed transactions are hidden from the AccountRight desktop version. Since there is no option to hide them in the browser version of the application, these hidden transactions are showing up. If there are unwanted bank feed transactions in the file, we generally create a bank feed ticket to request it to be removed. To do this, I will send you a private message to collect more information regarding the concern. 

In the meantime, feel free to create a new thread if you require any other assistance. 

Thanks,
      Genreve

Hello and thank you for the response. 
      I haven't sent anything through as I don't see this as a fix. More of something I will have to continue to do as the unallocated transactions will still happen in the future as far as I can see. 
      this will just clear the items there now is that correct. 
      I will discuss it further with the accountant to hear his thoughts. 
      Any other advice I am happy to hear. 

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi btcc

Thanks for the response. 

We appreciate the update. Unfortunately, this is the only option for now. Unallocated transactions are just bank-feed transactions that are not connected/matched to any ledger transactions. I understand how it does not make sense to remove the old bank feed transactions but still continually have new unallocated ones. 

We appreciate your time. Let us know if you require any other assistance.

Thanks,
        Genreve