Forum Discussion

Ktwo
User
5 months ago
Solved

How do I deactivate an employee?

Using the new Business/Essentials upgrade how do I deactivate an employee the button is no longer there?

NZ based company 

• Hi Ktwo,

Thank you for your post. Please allow me to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of information in this forum. 

Some features of the old MYOB Essentials system are not available in the upgraded version. Under the new system, an employee cannot be deactivated. Instead, we advise inputting a termination date if the person is unrelated to the company and you would like to remove them from the list. Go to Payroll >> Employees >> Select the employee's name >> Click the employee tab >> Enter the termination date, and it will not appear on the employee list. To make the employee active again, you can click from inactive to active.

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance please contact us again. We are happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

4 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Ktwo,

Thank you for your post. Please allow me to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of information in this forum. 

Some features of the old MYOB Essentials system are not available in the upgraded version. Under the new system, an employee cannot be deactivated. Instead, we advise inputting a termination date if the person is unrelated to the company and you would like to remove them from the list. Go to Payroll >> Employees >> Select the employee's name >> Click the employee tab >> Enter the termination date, and it will not appear on the employee list. To make the employee active again, you can click from inactive to active.

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance please contact us again. We are happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Ktwo

Thank you for the update. We are glad to know that the issue has been resolved. We are now closing this case and if you still have questions or concerns in the future, please contact us again. We are happy to help. 

Cheers, 

Cel

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Ktwo,

We hope this message finds you well. We just want to check back with you regarding your concern. If you still need assistance or if you have questions or concerns, please contact us again. We are more than happy to help. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel