Silly question, maybe?

When doing a pay run whey is the default option

report as an update?

it would make more sense to me if it was

report as a new payrun

Am I missing something?

please help

• Hi 4Gardens,

Thanks for your post. For the first question, "report as an update pay run" is not the default option. This only occurs when the processing date is beyond the current date. If you are processing it on the current date, then most likely, you will need to select "report as a new pay run."

However, if the pay run has a past date but is still new, you should still choose "report as new pay run." Please see this help article for more information: Processing your payroll

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl

3 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi 4Gardens,

Thanks for your post. For the first question, "report as an update pay run" is not the default option. This only occurs when the processing date is beyond the current date. If you are processing it on the current date, then most likely, you will need to select "report as a new pay run."

However, if the pay run has a past date but is still new, you should still choose "report as new pay run." Please see this help article for more information: Processing your payroll

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi 4Gardens,

You're very welcome. Feel free to start a new post if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
        Earl