Forum Discussion

Justin_Joung
Contributing User
11 months ago

payslips memo

Dear. whom it may concern.

I hope this message finds you well. Presently, we have been employing the phrase "please do not use" as the preset value in the memo section of the payslip.

Our current consideration revolves around removing this default value. In the course of my research, it has come to my attention that the options typically suggested involve either removing the memo category from the payslip through the path menu setup->Customise Forms, or individually removing the default value from each employee's card file under the standard pay settings.

May I inquire whether these are indeed the exclusive approaches available? I am keen to know if there exists an alternative procedure that would allow us to efficiently eliminate the default value notes for all employees in a batch manner.

Thank you kindly for your assistance. Your expertise and guidance are of immense value.

From. Skylar

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Justin_Joung 

Thanks for your post.

Generally, the memo section in the pay slip is pulled from the employee's card, Payroll Details > Standard Pay section. If this memo does need to be changed on a per-transaction basis you would be looking at updating the transaction on the Pay Employee window prior to recording the transaction. This is similar behaviour to other parts of the product that will have a set default memo, which is based on default values. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen

Justin_Joung
      Contributing User

Could you please read my message again?

I was just wondering if there was a way except for the two methods I described. ( 1 : the options typically suggested involve either removing the memo category from the payslip through the path menu setup->Customise Forms / 2 : individually removing the default value from each employee's card file under the standard pay settings.)