Forum Discussion

Justin_Joung
Contributing User
11 months ago

payslip memo

Could you read it carefully and answer it, please?

I asked 2 weeks ago, but I couldn't get right answer. 

Please tell me right answer.

Dear. whom it may concern.

I hope this message finds you well. Presently, we have been employing the phrase "please do not use" as the preset value in the memo section of the payslip.

Our current consideration revolves around removing this default value. In the course of my research, it has come to my attention that the options typically suggested involve either removing the memo category from the payslip through the path menu setup->Customise Forms, or individually removing the default value from each employee's card file under the standard pay settings.

May I inquire whether these are indeed the exclusive approaches available? I am keen to know if there exists an alternative procedure that would allow us to efficiently eliminate the default value notes for all employees in a batch manner.

Thank you kindly for your assistance. Your expertise and guidance are of immense value.

From. Skylar

**********************************************************************************************************

▲ That was my first question.

▼ My first question's answer

**********************************************************************************************************

Hi, @Justin_Joung 

Thanks for your post.

Generally, the memo section in the pay slip is pulled from the employee's card, Payroll Details > Standard Pay section. If this memo does need to be changed on a per-transaction basis you would be looking at updating the transaction on the Pay Employee window prior to recording the transaction. This is similar behaviour to other parts of the product that will have a set default memo, which is based on default values. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

▲ That's not what I want. Please tell me what to do.

▼ My 2nd question.

Could you please read my message again?

I was just wondering if there was a way except for the two methods I described. ( 1 : the options typically suggested involve either removing the memo category from the payslip through the path menu setup->Customise Forms / 2 : individually removing the default value from each employee's card file under the standard pay settings.) 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Justin_Joung,

Thank you so much for your post and I'm sorry to hear that. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response.

Thanks for the detailed information. It seems like you're looking for an alternative method to address an issue related to the memo category on payslips. The two methods you mentioned involve either customizing forms or modifying individual employee card files. While these are the primary ways to handle memo categories in MYOB AccountRight, I can provide some additional context and tips:

Customizing Forms (Method 1):  Personalising forms

Customizing forms is a common way to control the appearance of memo categories on payslips. By modifying the payslip template, you can choose which information is displayed. However, this method affects all employees.
    Employee Card Files (Method 2):

Adjusting settings in individual employee card files gives you more granular control. You can customize memo categories for specific employees based on their unique needs or preferences.
    Standard vs. Custom Pay Categories:

MYOB AccountRight allows you to set up custom pay categories in addition to standard ones. You can create custom categories that exclude memo categories if needed. This provides flexibility in categorizing payslip items.
    Grouping Employees:

If you have a group of employees who require the same payslip customization (e.g., excluding memo categories), you can create employee groups and apply changes to the group settings rather than individual cards..
    Software Updates:

Periodically check for software updates or new features in MYOB Software. Sometimes, software updates introduce additional customization options or improvements that may align with your needs.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl