Forum Discussion

9 days ago

Super Payable - Ledger - Not Reconciling

Good day,

I’m using the Pay Super option through MYOB to process superannuation payments. While the payments go through correctly for each relevant quarter, I’m noticing an issue with the individual super contributions from the pay runs. They appear as debits in the Super Payable account.

I’ve attached a screenshot for reference:

• The cells highlighted in blue show the super owed to the individuals.
  • The cell highlighted in yellow reflects the payment made for those amounts as a batch.

My question is: why are the blue cells being allocated to the Super Payable account? Is there a way to fix this, as it’s distorting the entire Super Payable running balance?

Any assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AKAKDP,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

The superannuation contributions from the pay runs are appearing as debits in the Super Payable account because this is the standard accounting treatment for such transactions. When superannuation contributions are deducted from employees' pay, they are recorded as a liability in the Super Payable account until they are paid to the superannuation funds.

The issue might be due to the linked account settings. You need to check your linked accounts to ensure they are set up correctly. For Superannuation pay items, verify that the linked expense account and linked payable accounts are the ones you want MYOB to use. This setup is essential for accurate tracking and reconciliation of superannuation payments. For detailed instructions, please see this help article: Checking how much super is payable

Regards,
    Earl

• Hi Earl,

Thanks for the above. But in the attached doc it essentially a double count. The super from the payruns are being recorded in the credit and the super payment clear the payments. Does this make sense?

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hey AKAKDP,

If you're experiencing a double count of superannuation in your pay runs, it sounds like the super from the pay runs is being recorded as a credit, and then the super payment is clearing those payments. To address this, you can reach out to our support team directly via our virtual assistant MOCA or submit a support case via My Account.

Best regards,

Doreen