Forum Discussion

Louise678
Experienced Cover User
23 days ago

Super Payable Incorrect Amount

Last year I had to do a super reversal because I had the wrong bank account ticked. So I did the reversal and it is being shown as reversal complete. Then I redid the super payment from the correct bank account and it is shown as completed. My problem is that the amount of the payment $5,424 is showing up as a negative amount in the Super Payable on the dashboard widget. So it seems that MYOB has it recorded as being paid twice. I have tried everything but I can't work out how to remove this double payment so that my Super Payable shows the correct amount. Can anyone help me with this? There was no double payment . All my super pay items are set to the correct liability Super Payable account. 

4 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Louise678

It sounds like you've done the right steps with the reversal and re-payment. If the correct amounts are showing up in reports like superannuation payments, payroll register, payroll activity, and YTD verification, you can actually disregard what's showing on your dashboard widget. The widget might show a negative amount due to the reversal process, but your detailed reports should reflect the accurate status. This discrepancy often resolves itself over time as the system updates.

If everything looks correct in those detailed reports, you're all good to go! Don't hesitate to create a post again if you encounter issues in the future.

Best regards,

Doreen

Louise678
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Doreen for your reply. All my reports as listed are showing the correct amounts but I would love to be able to fix the amount showing on the dashboard!!!! If there was a way to delete or create a journal to get rid of the reversal it would be great. 

• Hi Louise678 , if you've previously paid super from the wrong account, you may need to do a journal to transfer the super balance from that account into the correct superannuation liability account. This will ensure the correct amount of super payable shows on your dashboard. See the steps in this help article: https://www.myob.com/au/support/myob-business/payroll/superannuation/checking-how-much-super-is-payable 

If that doesn't help, click the chat bubble on that help page and MOCA, our virtual assistant, will help you out. 

regards,

Ron

Louise678
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Ron for the reply.....I know the incorrect balance showing in the Super Payable Widget is totally related to a reversal payment I had to do. The payment is recorded in MYOB as being paid twice so my Super Balance is showing a negative amount on the dashboard. I am wondering if I could do a general journal to fix this? I am not sure though which accounts I should credit and debit to make it work. Is this even a solution to the problem. Could you please advise on which accounts to use for the journal?   Louise