Forum Discussion

Heena
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

Cannot Add negative line when creating sales Invoice

we are implementing MYOB export Online version in our software in which I have to add negative line for excess in the sales inovice but I am getting Bad request error. Well I have checked Validation error and warning message and got to know that its expected message when you add negative amount. But, I am not sure how do I handle this senariao when I need to add negative line please advice thanks.

• Hi Heena 

To enter a negative invoice in the browser version of AccountRight you will have to use a negative number of units and a positive unit price amount to create the negative line.

This invoice won't save:

This invoice will save:

Does that work for you now?

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Heena 

Thanks for your post.

In order for me to help you further, could you provide me a screenshot of the error message? Also, could you clarify how and what you are trying to export? Perhaps you could add a screenshot of the sales invoice as well?

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Heena
      Contributing User

Hi,

All our customers are Car Panel shop owners and they have invoices which includes excess amount. However, excess amount are deducted from the tax invoice before GST.

So, is there any way we can deduct that excess amount from the invoice by adding negative line item?

Please find the attachment which showcases the scenario.

Yanike_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Heena 

Thanks for the screenshot.

You should be able to add a negative line in your software. My screenshot below shows how this is generally done. If you are unsure about the accounts and tax allocated, I recommend you talk to your accounting advisor.

If this is not what you see, could you send me a screenshot of the error message and the entered invoice in the accounting software you are using?