Forum Discussion

13 days ago

Can't find who a Payment is from

New to MYOB Online....have had a payment come through to the bank, but cannot find a Receipt or payment details that are emailed from MYOB to cover off the payment. Is there any way to work out what it is for? No invoices match that amount (or are close to it, thanks to the surcharge thing that's going on). Kind of stumped.

5 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Andybee1234

It's clear to say that you're having trouble matching a payment that came through to the bank with a receipt or payment details from MYOB. This could be due to the automatic matching feature of online payments in MYOB. When a customer makes an online payment, the fees are deducted from the payment, and the balance is settled into their nominated bank account. The payment and fees are automatically recorded in your MYOB business, and the associated invoice is closed off. Therefore, you should receive an email notification about the payment, and the payee should also receive an email confirming that they've paid. If your online invoice payments aren't being automatically matched, they will indicate that they still need to be allocated on the bank transactions page. See this helpful article for more details about online invoice payments for the guide. Let me know if you have other queries!

Kind regards,

Shella

janjac
      Experienced Cover User

HI Shella,

I have payments that have been paid and matched to the invoice but it stays on the dashboard.

I cannot delete the automatic match and match it to the dashboard payment, how do I fix that please.

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi janjac

This states that you're having issues with payments that have been paid and matched to the invoice but still appear on the dashboard. It seems to be a common issue and can be resolved by manually matching the transaction if it's not matched automatically. If the automatic match is incorrect, you might need to unallocate the payment and then reallocate it correctly. See this helpful article about matching bank transactions, which will guide you through the process of disabling automated matching and allocating transactions. Let me know if you have other queries!

Kind regards,

Shella

• What is there is not a Bank Accountant linked to the Bank Transactions page?

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Andybee1234

Thanks for the prompt response. However, I need a bit more information to provide the best assistance. Could you please clarify what you mean by 'there is not a bank account linked to the bank transactions page'? Are you referring to the correct bank account that is linked to the bank transaction in relation to the payment you've received? Any additional details would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Shella