Forum Discussion

APTNZ
User
6 months ago

Default email for invoicing

Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to help me figure out why we are getting an error message saying we're using invalid email variables when saving our email invoicing template. I have been over and over the options within the "learn more" section and I still can't figure it out for the life of me. 

What we're trying to save is attached, along with the error message. 

Getting very tedious typing it manually each time. 

4 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi APTNZ

Thank you for your post and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of useful information. 

We're sorry to know that you're getting an error message with this. You may set up this email variable on the default email message. To do this, you may proceed on the following steps below: 

1. Click your business name and choose Sales settings.
    2. Click the Email defaults tab.
    3. In Email settings, enter the from name.
    4. Enter the Reply-to email address. This is the "from" email address displayed to your customers that they'll be able to reply to.

For the default invoice/sales order/quote/statement email sections, enter the default subject and message text you want to use. You can:

• select the option to Include invoice/order/quote number in subject.
    • enter free text in the subject or message for statement emails.
    • enter email variables in the subject or message for invoices and quote emails. These variables automatically enter information from your business.

You may refer to this screenshot I have provided below to know the difference in how this is being set up under the default email messages. Also you may check this help article, set up your default email messages for detailed information and steps regarding this matter. 

Email defaults

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Shella

APTNZ
      User

Hi Shella_A 

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately you've sent the same instructions that I've been trying to use and they are still not working. I continue to receive the same error message that I added as a screenshot in my original post. I have clicked the "learn more" button which talks about variables and the ones in my default set up, match as they should do. Started to get increasingly frustrated and would be very grateful if someone could help. 

Kind regards,

Emma

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi APTNZ

Thanks for the response. 

Apologized for the late reply. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. We highly appreciate your patience with this matter. We would just like to have an update if you're still getting the same error message despite of following the correct default email format.

Kind regards,

Shella