Forum Discussion

KR62
Contributing User
3 years ago

Editing Customer Emails

Hi all

I am trying to add an additional email to a customer contact, but it keeps coming up with the following error when I save it:  An unrecognised error occurred - Cards_EmailInvalid

It's not an invalid email address, it appears to be a glitch somewhere. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi

ARe you putting a ; between each email address?

Only thing I can suggest

Lisa

KR62
      Contributing User

Hi Lisa

Yes I am. This particular problem is when there are already 2 emails in the contact, and you want to add another. It's not quite the same process as when you're first creating the contact, and has worked fine up until recently. Very frustrating lol

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

I just tried and added a third email into a  card and didn't have an issue, but maybe essentials has a limit of 2 email addresses 

I tried in essentials and got the same message - but I left the ; there and did a ctrl v to paste the email in and that worked fine

Have a try and see if it works ( obviously you need to copy the email address first )

Lisa

KR62
    Contributing User

Hmmm, interesting. I have just done a few tests, and it appears that the error message only comes up when you try to add an extra email address to a contact that has a balance owing. If the account is zero balance, it saves it fine. Wierd!  MYOB, could you have a look at this issue?

Yanike_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi KR62 

Thanks for your message. I could not get this to replicate in my own software. Could you try to clear the cache and try again. Could you also try with a different email address as well?

If you are still unable to add an extra email address to customer cards with a balance owing, could you please send me screenshots of the error message, a customercard with balance owing and one where there is no balance owing, adding that same email address.

As email addresses are private information, you can send the screenshots to me via Private Message (you can take a screenshot with a snipping tool such as Windows-key + Shift + S in Windows 10).