Forum Discussion

MBG
Contributing Cover User
17 days ago

how can i change the tax amount on a purchase invoice

Hi, Team,

I am using MYOB Business and often find my tax amount is different to the suppliers invoice, this is not always an issue as it's only one cent and the overall amount is correct.

This time however the overall amount is not correct and i cannot make it match up.

I have tried to minus the one sent but it then changes the tax amount and makes it less.

I used to be albe to change the amount manually in AR but cannot find a way to do this in the Business model, is there a way if not how can i fix this?

• I usually round to three decimal places instead of the normal two, and that would solve it for me. For example a total of $80.00 including GST is usually $69.56 excluding GST, but that rounds itself to $79.99:

If I make it $69.565 it comes out as $80.00:

4 Replies

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MBG,

I see that you're encountering an issue where the tax amount on your purchase invoice in MYOB Business differs slightly from the supplier's invoice, and you're unable to adjust it manually.

In MYOB Business, the system automatically calculates the tax (such as amounts and tax codes), and the calculation is set to ensure accuracy based on these inputs. However, minor discrepancies, such as the one-cent difference you mentioned, can sometimes occur due to rounding.

If the overall amount needs to match exactly, a common workaround is to adjust the amounts of individual line items slightly to ensure the tax total aligns with what is expected.

If the discrepancy is significant, you might want to double check the tax codes, and the amounts entered to ensure everything is correct. 

Regards,

Sai

MBG
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Sai,

thanks for your response, see below pic of what i am talking about (with no changes)

Now see below pic of what happens when i do the edit.

As you can see i cannot get the amount to match no matter what i do.

Denver_B
        Experienced User

I usually round to three decimal places instead of the normal two, and that would solve it for me. For example a total of $80.00 including GST is usually $69.56 excluding GST, but that rounds itself to $79.99:

If I make it $69.565 it comes out as $80.00: