Forum Discussion

AITTSV
Contributing User
2 years ago

Invoice duplicate number

Invoices we created are duplicating the number.  I just created an invoice today and MYOB has given it the same invoice number as an invoice created yesterday.  There are 2 invoices created yesterday to 2 different customers that also have the same number.  This is creating a nightmare for our accounts section.

28 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AITTSV 

Can you please try entering the invoice number manually higher in the sequence for the next invoice that you create and check if the next invoices are created correctly without getting duplicated? At this stage, there's no option to present the warnings for duplicates but this is something that might change in the future versions. 

LCrowhurst
      Trusted Cover User

Komal_S wrote:

Hi AITTSV 

Can you please try entering the invoice number manually higher in the sequence for the next invoice that you create and check if the next invoices are created correctly without getting duplicated? At this stage, there's no option to present the warnings for duplicates but this is something that might change in the future versions. 

seriously? this is your suggestion? in the OLD MYOB this NEVER Happened...ive had this happen too...needs to be fixed asap!!

hawkesbury1
        User

I agree, it is a nightmare with invoice numbers being duplicated to different clients. Never was an issue with the old version so it should be an easy fix for MYOB.

AITTSV
      Contributing User

Your solution did not help at all.

We have tried entering the next number in the sequence but the invoice numbers keep duplicating.

On top of that, we are now getting duplication of invoice numbers from invoices created weeks ago.  EG we are up to 6932 but each time we create and invoice the system creates it as 6910.  We have also had invoices create backwards, we have had 2 today create as 6909.

We have also noticed that when we change address details for a customer in the Contacts section, it won't update the invoice like the previous system did.  We have had to delete invoices and go and recreate the invoice with the same number so that the correct address displays.  Wasting our time.

This is ridiculous.  When is the issue going to be fixed.

LCrowhurst
        Trusted Cover User

AITTSV wrote:

Your solution did not help at all.

We have tried entering the next number in the sequence but the invoice numbers keep duplicating.

On top of that, we are now getting duplication of invoice numbers from invoices created weeks ago.  EG we are up to 6932 but each time we create and invoice the system creates it as 6910.  We have also had invoices create backwards, we have had 2 today create as 6909.

We have also noticed that when we change address details for a customer in the Contacts section, it won't update the invoice like the previous system did.  We have had to delete invoices and go and recreate the invoice with the same number so that the correct address displays.  Wasting our time.

This is ridiculous.  When is the issue going to be fixed.

weve been trying to fix my  duplicae purchase number which is wasting my time:manfrustrated:....not getting work done.. this needs to be fixed ASAP..

Jo6030
      Experienced Cover User

This is also happening to me and now its June......MYOB have had months to fix this issue and nothing.

How can you have accounting software that duplicates Invoices numbers.....without warning......I have had this issue in the past and thought it was my error but now I realise after a client refused to pay an invoice because she had previously paid it....turns out that it was 2 different invoices with the same number....which took me many emails and a lot of my time to fix....only to discover that i have numerous invoices with matching invoice numbers!!!!!!!! It gives me a headache just thinking about how to fix them all :(((

I am a small business owner trying to do it all and these issues are a nightmare making me spend precious time, that I dont have spare, to resolve them :((

This new version of Essentials has SSSOOOOOO many issues and from my experience none of them are being resolved....If I wasnt selling my business I would be changing to another company on 1st July

Maria01
    Experienced Cover User

Has this been actioned or given preferential attention as this is really important too? Manually checking them just to see the duplicate numbers is time consuming specially on volumes of invoices and MYOB should look on this as priority.

lousullivan
      Experienced User

Maria01 wrote:

Has this been actioned or given preferential attention as this is really important too? Manually checking them just to see the duplicate numbers is time consuming specially on volumes of invoices and MYOB should look on this as priority.

bill numbers seem to be sequencing correctly now...and we got a credit from MYOB for the inconvenience. 

Kolanda
        Contributing User

So essentailly what myob are telling us is that we need to keep a paper ledger alongside Myob to keep track of invoicing numbers so that we can keep editing our Myob software to do our bookwork correctly? Seems kind of redundant don't you think?

At this point I have so many duplicate invoice numbers for so many multiple companies I will have to spend days tracking them all down. This is a very very very basic requirement in accounting, why is this even an issue?