Forum Discussion

mikescott
Contributing User
27 days ago
Solved

'Items per selling unit' cannot be edited when an item has been used in a transaction.

Hi 

If I try to change the price on an item I get this error message: 'Items per selling unit' cannot be edited when an item has been used in a transaction. I did not try to change the "Items per Selling Unit", just the price.

I saw someone else in the community had this problem 10 months ago, and have noticed that it still hasn't been fixed. The answer given was to duplicate the item and save the changes with a new item ID. I have migrated from AccountRight to BusinessPro, and in my experience, there is no logical reason why you should not be able to update the price on an item without being forced to create a duplicate, and it appears to be a bug.

As an experiment, I tried opening an item and saving it while making absolutely no changes, and got the same error message.

Mike

• Hi mikescott 

Yes this is a bug. It's been around well over 10 months now! If you try to adjust the price via import you would get error 4077. MYOB need to run a script on your file to fix this. Get in touch via chat etc to get process started. I am not sure how to tag a moderator on this new system.

Regards

Gavin

gavinw222@gmail.com

7 Replies

• Hi mikescott 

Yes this is a bug. It's been around well over 10 months now! If you try to adjust the price via import you would get error 4077. MYOB need to run a script on your file to fix this. Get in touch via chat etc to get process started. I am not sure how to tag a moderator on this new system.

Regards

Gavin

gavinw222@gmail.com

• Hey mikescott 

Not sure if you have found the solution but I have found one that doesn't involve contacting support. Feel free to yell out of you still need assistance :)

ThePoolMan
      User

Hey AllforYou 

I'm currently having this issue and was wondering if you could pass on your solution?

Cheers

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi mikescott ,

Thank you for your detailed post, and I apologize for the late response. I would like to check if you're still having this issue? If so, we have an online script that can fix this issue. Could you please confirm the last four digits of your Serial Number and Company File ID? Thank you!

Also, @AllforYou, we're glad to hear that you've managed to find a solution for this issue. If you encounter this issue again in the future, we can arrange for the online script to fix it.

Feel free to post again; we're happy to help!

Regards,
      Earl

mikescott
        Contributing User

Hi Earl

I contacted help and they ran a script earlier this week. It is working fine now, I was happy with the resolution.

Regards

Mike

mikescott
      Contributing User

I did contact support, they ran a script, works now.

Cheers

Mike

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi mikescott ,

We're glad to hear that you managed to contact our support and resolve the issue. If you have any further questions, please feel free to start a new post, and one of our team members will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
        Earl