Forum Discussion

pippypip
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago

No Answer on invoice cover letter

If i update contact details the name on the covering letter stays with the old contact name.

When adding new contacts the Name does not appear at all. Why? Where is the old name being picked up from and why is it not working for new contacts. Surly i cant be the only one with this issue.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi pippypip 

Thanks for posting. 

In this situation, we need to check and make sure that the email defaults of the file are set up properly. 

Check this Help Article "Set up default emails" for help in editing the setup. The values that this default email message pulls from is depending on the email variable. Please remember that the email variables customer_full_name and customer_business_name are different and are being used depending if the customer contact is set up as a company or an individual customer.

Please reply to this thread if you need further help.

All the best, 

Genreve.  

pippypip
      Trusted Cover User

Works for individual customers. Need help with Company/Business customers.

Sean_DC
        MYOB Moderator

Hi pippypip 

I'm sorry to see that no one has responded to your post yet. For customers designated as a company, the email variable {{customer_business_name}} will automatically populate with the customer's business name in the email.

Here's a template you can use as guide:

Hi {{customer_first_name}}, 

OR 

Hi {{customer_business_name}},

Invoice {{invoice_number}} for the amount of {{total_invoice_amount}} is now available.

You have {{invoice_amount_due}} outstanding to be paid by {{invoice_due_date}}.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Regards,
        {{your_trading_name}}
        {{email_address}}
        {{business_phone_number}}

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.