Forum Discussion

Shepai-8-2017
Experienced Cover User
11 days ago

Statement after a partial payment on invoice

Hi,

I entered a partial payment for an invoice.

When I checked the Customer Statement, the whole amount is the same.

But when I clicked the Record Invoice Payment, the invoice balance amount is correct (less the partial payment)

Why is the partial payment not reflecting on the Customer Statement to be emailed/printed?

Anyone with the same problem?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Shepai

4 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Shepai-8-2017,

Thanks for posting. I understand how confusing this can be, especially when the invoice balance amount is showing correctly. On this one, I would recommend selecting the activity when running the customer statement report, as activity statements list all invoices and payments within a specified date range and include a running account balance.

You can find more information and instructions about this in the helpful article regarding the customer statement.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information. 

Kind regards,

Shella

Shepai-8-2017
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Shella,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried the Activity Statement and the partial payment did not reflect at all.

Inclusive date is from January to present to capture all the transactions, but the partial payment is not included at all.

Kind regards,

Shepai

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Shepai-8-2017,

For partial invoice payments made, it only allows for full payment to be made on online invoice i.e. partial payments are not able to be completed.

If you do have an invoice that requires deposits or multiple payments, these would need to be recorded as multiple invoices within MYOB Business and sent to the client as multiple invoices so payment can be made individually on those invoices. If you could confirm that the invoice for the partial payment was made separately so I can further look into this for you.

Best regards,

Doreen

Shepai-8-2017
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Doreen,

The payment is for 3 invoices. Example- payment is $500.00 but the total of the 3 invoices is $600.00, the the last invoice is paid in partial owing balance amount. 

I printed the Activity statement and even the $500.00 was not credited.

Kind regards,

Shirley