Forum Discussion

6 months ago

Why arent PO's traceable to the Job Number?

Purchase orders (POs) may not always be directly traceable to job numbers due to varying organizational structures or tracking systems. Implementing clearer documentation processes or integrating systems for seamless tracking can enhance transparency and efficiency in linking POs to job numbers.

1 Reply

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi alexcary93,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum.

My apologies for the delay in response. In general, POs are used to track transactions and key product or service information. They include all the details of the product or service, including a description, quantity, price, delivery terms, and a unique PO number for tracking purposes. However, the system may not always link these directly to job numbers. You can look at deleting jobs you no longer use from the file. Note that there is no on-screen indication of how many jobs you would need to delete, so you may need to try alternating between deleting jobs and trying to select the job on the purchase order to be able to select the correct job. Alternatively, you can add the job after they have converted the order to a bill. 

However, your ideas and feedback are greatly appreciated. I encourage you to please take a moment to post on the MYOB Business Ideas Exchange board for consideration. 

Let me know if you need further help.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella