Forum Discussion

soho-99
Experienced User
14 days ago

"MYOB Tax Dashboard is requesting permission to access your MYOB Account" Auskey.read

hi we have just tried to lodge our PaYG and got this message "MYOB Tax Dashboard is requesting permission to access your MYOB Account" Auskey.read i believe auskey was deactivated years ago why would MYOB be wanting auskey to have access? 

26 Replies

AmandaCL
    MYOB Moderator

Hey soho-99

This error is related to 3rd party app developers using an old version of Internet Explorer that hasn't been supported since 2022. The developers of these apps will need to upgrade to a supported browser in order for services to be restored.

We have released a patch that should mitigate the issues with the "Allow Access" window. This may not fix any issues with redirecting the user to the app after authentication. 

If developers require further assistance, please contact the API team using this form. 

soho-99
      Experienced User

HI AmandaCL

thankyou for responding its very difficult to get to speak to anyone from MYOB anymore you used to be able to just call in - i am however having trouble understanding your answer

1. we don't use explorer have not for years
      2. what 3rd party app are you referring to we have not changed anything
      3. what happened from Friday to Monday just gone for it to change 
      4. what patch are you talking about? and why wasn't this sent out to MYOB users if there was an issue so we could prevent this from happening.                                                                              its very inconvenient that this has happened just before everyone is due to lodge PAYG and monthly BAS  im sure you can understand with all the fraud going around these days we are very hesitant to allow anything access to our MYOB accounts                                                     can you please elaborate on how to move forward as this seems to be a MYOB issue not a user issue
        ChelseaW
        Contributing User

Having same issue too. Not sure what to do? 

soho-99
      Experienced User

can you please respond to the reply i sent you?

Isaiah_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi All, 

The message you're seeing from the MYOB Tax Dashboard is a standard request to grant permission for the dashboard to access certain areas of your MYOB account. This access is necessary for the Tax Dashboard to retrieve and use the relevant information it needs to process your PAYG lodgment accurately.

Allowing this ensures the Tax Dashboard functions correctly. Rest assured, MYOB's systems are designed to protect your data and comply with all relevant security and privacy regulations.

Regards,

Sai

AmandaCL
    MYOB Moderator

Hey everyone!

Due to an update that was made to keep our software secure, some connecting applications would not load - this includes the online BAS lodgement page which caused the following message to display: "MYOB Tax Dashboard is requesting permission to access your MYOB Account". By clicking "allow access" you are allowing the ATO link to MYOB to re-establish. Accepting the prompt will allow users to access the online BAS lodgement screen.

AccountsPTS
      Experienced User

Thanks AmandaCL just a shame this wasn't communicated prior to the issue or on the day the BAS was due to reduce the angst of wondering what security was being compromised by accepting - BAS day is stressful enough without worrying about security issues.

Veejays
    Experienced Cover User

I'm also getting this message and there is no way I am authorising any 3rd party to access my MYOB account, especially with the permissions it is seeking for Auskey. We already lost all our employee tax data in a breach about 5 years ago because MYOB were hacked. This is not acceptable MYOB and neither is your lack of response to this thread. You need to respond and you need to fix this otherwise we have no option but to go back to lodging directly with ATO.. giving us one less reason to use your product.  This should be a one way portal, MYOB sends information to ATO and no backwards access and it shouldn't be going through a 3rd party, where you have no capacity to monitor or protect the data.