Forum Discussion

2 months ago

MYOB Offline Files

I was advised by a MYOB sales representative that all MYOB offline files will cease before the end of 2024 and that I can pay $10.00 per month per offline file to move online, but I must agree to this before 30 June 2024 or the individual fees will be much higher from 1 July.  Is this true?  Are there no other options for subscribers who do not wish to move their cashbook files online with MYOB?

Why does MYOB not acknowledge that there are remote communities, cattle stations and businesses in Australia that do not have a reliable internet service and support them by allowing us to continue to use offline files?

I do not understand why MYOB cannot offer the opportunity to buy offline MYOB AccountRight software rather than this continual push by leading companies throughout the world to forcer us all to go online.

Please can you clarify if the closure of offline files is true?  If this is true why did I not receive written communication from MYOB clearly setting out what MYOB proposes to change?

1 Reply

• Hi RuffyBlue 

What sort of offline files are you referring to? If it is an older version that you have a perpetual licence for, then MYOB have previously stated that they will continue to confirm these files. The sales rep's have been known, on more than one occasion, to "misinform" customers so you should persist with asking on here for an answer so that you have a written response. It's a good idea to keep a screenshot if they do advise that you can continue to use your file as they also archive threads and you can't see these anymore. There is an alternative provider for confirmation of Legacy MYOB files if this is what you have and you can contact me at majubawest@hotmail.com for more information if required.

Cheers

Liz