Forum Discussion

Jacqui_M
Trusted Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

C0000005 Fatal Error

Hi

One of my clients is getting a Fatal Error when try to enter a pay for one employee only.  They can enter pays for all other employees, but when they enter it for this one employee, they get the following error (image attached).

Thanks

Jacqui Margerison

• Hi Jacqui_M 

Just in addition to jenniek's experience with Windows updates, the message does appear to refer to the ESCT rate of the employee. My recommendation would be to go into the Maintain Employee, navigate to that employee and ensure that you have an ESCT rate set. If you do have calculated set for that ESCT, would be keen to know if you have it set to another value like an actual percentage does it allow the pays to be processed?

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Jacqui_M 

C0000005 is not one I have come across with regards to entering a pay, you occasionally set it (or its "sister error message" C0000095) when printing or produce a report. This commonly happens after an update where the user hasn't select to restart the computer after installation and the fonts are not working as intended.

My recommendation would be to follow New Zealand Payroll Support Note: Error: "Exception code = C0000005" after installing a Payroll update to get those fonts in order as this is the most common reason why it gets generated.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Jacqui_M
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Stephen

Reinstalling the fonts was the first thing I tried, but that did not resolve the issue.  I also tried creating a new employee copying the details from the problematic one, but still got the error. So there must be something about that employee?

Cheers

Jacqui 

jenniek
        Ultimate Partner

Hi Jacqui_M 

I had this same issue with another FoxPro programme and it was caused by a windows 10 update - the IT guys rolled back the update and it fixed the issue. They couldn't access their programme at all.