Forum Discussion

Meena
Experienced User
8 months ago
Solved

Payroll Upgrade - takes longer and is not user friendly

Hi,

Is there a way to revert back to Essentials Payroll (have been upgraded to Business Payroll), as I am sure I am NOT the only one who finds the new system beyond frustrating. What used to take me 20 minutes has taken me almost 2 hours because every single step is more complicated! It's supposed to be an upgrade, to make things easier - not take longer and be more difficult to use!

- When you enter a new staff member these details no longer are automatically loaded into My IR, you have to login in to IRD and do this manually.

- No one page summary of the wage information - this was something I printed off every week as it matched the amounts for all staff and the totals for the bank / employee. I dont need to print a multi page detailed report, that is not required by the IRD as all information is sent to them with the IR Filing.

- No preview of the payslips - this was a handy double check.

- No splitting of bank accounts, the upgrade just chose one account for the staff members with split accounts....

- The payment date keeps defaulting itself to the day after the week ended instead of the intended pay date and it doesn't matter how many times you change it!

- The whole pay data entry screen is so much harder than it used to be, its hard to read and follow and enter the details in - our staff hours and days worked change every week! 

- I dont want to have to enter which day the public holiday was then it only allows you to choose one day (not great for staff working Christmas / New Years where multiple holidays fall), so it looks like I have to go in twice to do this?

- Why do I have to select the days my staff have off when on holiday? Not all staff work Monday - Friday, some of our staff have days off in the middle, how can I select that from the drop down boxes?

- The payslips look awful compared to the last ones, and I can't email myself a copy. I know you say its for security reasons however really frustrating when a staff member doesn't get one as I can easily go in and remail from my phone or computer rather than having to login to MYOB and deal with the 2 factor security!

- The bank file / prepare electronic payments tab is a debacle, it took me forever to sort that out, why is it so hard? Previously there was a wee download button click it and its done, and if it got lost somewhere along the way / or went wrong I could always go back into past pay runs and download it again, I could also re-print the summary.

I honestly don't feel this is an upgrade when its taking me so much longer to do the pays, please can I go back?

• Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us regarding the changes you've encountered. We understand the frustration that this update has caused you. Your feedback is incredible and valuable, and we want to assure you that we take it seriously. We'll ensure to bring this matter to the attention of the relevant team.

Your insights help us understand how our changes impact your experience, and we're committed to continuously improving based on your valuable input. If there's anything specific, you'd like to add or if you have further feedback to share, please feel free to reach out. Thank you once again for taking the time to provide your feedback. We truly appreciate your understanding and patience as we work towards enhancing our system for a better user experience.

Cheers,

Princess

91 Replies