Forum Discussion

SMcD1
User
2 months ago

Cost centre problems

I am trying to enter Cost centres on older transactions due to new reporting requirements.  However I am finding they are often greyed out and I am unable to enter a cost centre value.  How can I fix this?

5 Replies

Jemar_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hey there SMcD1

It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with a cost centre being grayed out. This could indeed be related to your user role permissions or possibly due to a lock-in period.

If you need to regularly change or enter transactions, ask your administrator to add this permission to your user role by following the steps in this link: https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Set+up+roles.

Also, with the lock period, if it turns on or is ticked, it will prevent anyone from inadvertently making an entry in a period in which you don’t want new entries. If you would like to make changes or add new entries after a lock period, you can unlock that date in the Preferences window by deselecting the preference. Note that your user role needs to have permission to change preferences.

Let me know if you still need further assistance.

Cheers,
    Jem

SMcD1
      User

Hi Jem

Thanks for getting back to me.  I have administrator access so should have access to everything.  Also the dates are okay in Preferences, the transactions are after the lock period so should be allowed.  In fact I can change everything except the Cost centre.  The problem is only with bill payments, not in spend money transactions.

Shelley

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there SMcD1 ,

It's great to hear that you have the administrator access to edit invoices. If the system still won't allow you to edit invoices despite having an administrator access, it's worth checking the invoice you're trying to edit is closed already. If so, and a payment has been applied, you may need to delete the payment first and edit the cost centre. This will also undo the reconciliation of the said invoice. I would highly to recommend to just the reconciliation again. Here's a link that you can follow on how to delete an applied payment to sale. Feel free to drop us a post  again if there's anything you need assistance with.

Best regards,

Doreen

SMcD1
      User

Thanks for your help Doreen.  Yes, all bills have been paid.  Is there anyway to fix this in the next update so that you can edit the cost centre even though the bill is paid?  This would not affect the reconciliation or BAS reports as it is only an allocation.  

Alternatively, if the ability to print a General ledger report for a Job would be even more beneficial as you can add more than one job on the one transaction.  This becomes particularly relevant in payroll, where one employee can be working on more than one project.  To date we have always used jobs however for a new project we need to produce a general ledger report which we can't do for jobs for some reason.  Is it possible to add this report to the menu?

Shelley

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SMcD1,

Thanks for your response. Currently, our software does not offer this option. I recommend sharing or posting a suggestion on our AccountRight Ideas Exchange board for future feature considerations. 

Feel free to start a new post if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl