Forum Discussion

JillL1
Experienced User
10 months ago

Incorrect date format on receipts

How do we change the date format on sales receipts?    i.e.    9 October 2023 shows as 10/9/2023 and we would like it to show in a dd/mm/YYYY format.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JillL1,

Thank you for your post.

Date, currency, and number settings are determined by Windows. In this matter, it sounds like your computer was set up for American Format. To change it to AU/NZ, you can check on this link https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Change+the+date+and+currency+format  or this Help Article: Change the date and currency format. It contains the process on how you can change the format on your Windows control panel.

Let me know how you go, or if you need further assistance with this. 

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Shella

Mike_James
      Ultimate Partner

Hi Shella_A , JillL1 , this issue affects the format of invoice dates on receipts printed via the desktop program from online files, and has been a reported issue for MANY YEARS!!

At this time it's still not possible to print sales receipts from the browser.

I recommend changing the wording of the heading for the column of dates (default reads INV.DATE/ACCT.NAME), to Inv.Date (m/d/yyyy), so that recipients are aware.

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi @Mike_James,

I just wanted to thank you for helping and for your suggestions to resolve the issue. We always appreciate your thoughts and active participation in our community. 

Cheers,

Shella

JillL1
      Experienced User

Shella_A Mike_James 

Amusing (one can only laugh??) that the "solution" of changing the windows date clearly does not work..    Perhaps better to admit the truth that there is no solution and MYOB do not have any intention of fixing this.    Although MYOB have taken the convenient approach of marking the queries on this that go back several years as "solved" it seems quite clear that it is not!    Thank you Mike_James for the best practical solution.