Forum Discussion

5 months ago

Unable to print invoice in a locked period

Hi 

I am unable to print an invoice in a locked period.  I do not need to change the invoice only send it.  There is no need to open the locked period as I only need to send the invoice.

The error message is "You can't edit sales dated in the lock period.  The lock period is specified in the Security tab of the Preferences window."

Thanks!

45 Replies

Poolies
    Contributing User

This upgrade has resulted in the inability to print copies of invoices, really inconvenient.  Whoever in MYOB thinks this is ok and there is a 'workaround', clearly hasn't done any form of accounting or bookkeeping - we send copy invoices upon requests from clients frequently - we don't change anything, we just email them a copy!  Fix it pronto please.

cramptons
      Experienced Cover User

Totally agree, the 'workaround' is totally impractical for a large number of invoices.

Jo15
      Contributing Cover User

Hello,

We are a retail business with Trade only Myob files at the retail shop level, I need to roll over the financial year for these Trade only files.  This needs to be fixes ASAP so the Trade only files can be rolled over stored in each Myob user's Library file. Thanks Jo

• This morning signing into Myob, I was required to do an update to Version 2024.7.0 

I've done a few tests throughout today, locking the period we require to lock for our business, and printing and emailing past dated Invoices, and it worked !!!!!!!!!!

Hoping this has been rectified now for all you that have commented with your concerns about this glitch.

Fingers crossed it's rectified now.

Thank you Myob for understanding how inconvenient this glitch actually was for so many.

• Hi HB71,  just did my update and you are right it works again :-) praise be to the community rule!!.

& thanks MYOB getting this annoying thing fixed

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MeganS1,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum! Additionally, another workaround is to use the snipping tool on your computer to capture the invoice or save it as a document and then print it outside of MYOB. You can also refer to this help article for more information: Lock a period

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl

• OK I raised a support request to Myob with the following response:

Hi Bryan,
    Thanks for your support request #01875810.
    Hope you are doing well.
    We acknowledge your concern regarding being unable to print or send Invoices dated within your lock period. This has been reported as a known issue as other users also experienced the error. 
    Currently our MYOB product development team is still investigating the cause and permanent fix for this issue.  

So in the mean time you can either use the we browser version as per my previous reply or use the Print / email button from the sales module as per Gavin's reply.  You can do both of these without unlocking the closed period.  I do not recommend unlocking the closed period as it defeats the purpose of having a lock period.

cheers Bryan - Castle Bookkeeping.

W_Sailor
      Experienced User

BryanI see that MYOB communication is that they are looking into this, but no updates since that announcement 11 days ago....

Many thanks to gavin12345  for the work-around

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi everyone!

Apologies for the inconvenience that the issue regarding invoices unable to print/email during a lock in period caused and will make sure to keep you all updated. We have escalated this issue to our development team to fix as a priority.

Best regards,

Doreen

cramptons
    Experienced Cover User

Are there any replies/comments from MYOB re when this will be rectified?????????

• This issue was raised 4 months ago by MeganS1, according to the first community post above.  Why is this taking so long to rectify?

You should be able to simply reprint or email a previous Invoice - 'hands in the air'

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi HB71 

I think the issue raised in original post was caused by a different reason to the current issue. Since AR2024.6 was released, no-one can print from the invoice if it is dated inside a locked period. See here for brief explanation as well as best workaround and a solution.

Regards

Gavin

cramptons
    Experienced Cover User

I agree, the work around is not practical for the sales staff to access all these changes.

• I found the solution to this very frustrating problem without having to open the locked period.

In the Sales Register, click Print/Email Invoices. Use the Advanced Filters window to select Sale Status, customer name or use the date filter.

Deselect Unprinted or Unsent Sales Only.

Click OK and in the next window select the sale and click Print.

Cheers, Julian

ComtelPTYLTD
      Cover User

Thanks Julian for the work-around  this sort of helps but I use the e-mail to send overdue invoices direct to the customer from their account with a note to pay and to have to locat each individual invoice would be a chore instead of a couple of clicks.  hopefully MYOB will get the message to return the next version back to where we could e-mail or print whichever invoice we need to.

DanielleGW
    Experienced User

The new update has made things worse!

Now I get a message that "Your payment preferences will be saved before your invoice is printed", then get bumped to the "you don't have access to transact in a closed financial year".

Some fix. I just want to be able to print the invoice while it's on my screen.