Forum Discussion

KarMar
Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

AccountRight Report not matching my STP report

Hi there My AccountRight report doesn't match my STP payroll report for one employee. His Gross, PAYG and SGC are all out. When processing the payroll on 8/3/22 we received a Reject message from the...
    3 years ago

Hi KarMar 

Thanks for your post. The first thing to check is if the Payroll activity and Payroll register reports are the same and are correct. If they are, can you process a $0 pay with payment date as today, wait until that report is accepted then check the YTD verification report. 

If the Payroll activity and register reports are not the same it means that a manual change has been made to the employee card>>Pay history. The activity report gets its data from processed pays while the register and YTD verification reports get their data from the employee card>>Pay history. This means that changing the employee Pay history will report incorrect amounts through STP. To fix this you need to change the Pay history back to what it should be and process a $0 pay to update STP.

If the AccountRight figures are not correct you need to fix any errors through Process payroll. Once these YTD amounts are correct you can process $0 pay to update STP. Recording a general journal will only post amounts to the payroll accounts, the employee Pay history is not impacted so the payroll and STP reports won't be corrected. 

Please feel free to send me screenshots of the Payroll activity detail, Payroll Register detail and Summary of payments report (Payroll reporting centre>>EOFY finalisation tab>>click on the ellipsis for that employee>>Download report) by private message.

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.