Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Domestic violence leave with reducing balance

Is there an easy way to enter the new domestic violence 10 paid hours per year as a reducing balance in Accountright? All I can see is doing it all manually and setting an alert to manually update it on everyone's work anniversaries. Surely there's a more efficient way?

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Rabbit22 

Thanks for your post. If employees are entitled to leave that doesn't accrue you would use the running down method. The Help Article, Running down method, has detailed instructions for this.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Rabbit22
      User

Hi Tracey, yes I had already found that, but it's just a heap of manual entries and reminders that aren't very efficient (because they don't pop up like the Recurring transactions reminders do so they can be easily missed). Is there not a more automated way to do this? Running down leave seems simpler than accrual leave and yet that method is automated. 

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi Rabbit22 

If the issue is the reminder, you could set up a recurring transaction with reminder to reset the employees balance - for example a $0.01 sale for a dummy Customer card with appropriate memo or note or description in blank line not to process but rather update everything that needs to be updated. Save a recurring with reminder etc.

Regards

Gavin

Shezamac
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Tracey

I have approx 80 employees, including casuals.

Firstly I have the same issue, how can I set up reminders for all of these employees on their anniversary dates

Secondly, how do I record the number of hours available for each employee, do I go into each employee and put in the number of hours manually? But I can't do this if we don't tick the 'carry over entitlements' field...whcih is what it says in the setup

And how do I record a number of hours for casuals to use in a running down balance when I don't know how many hours they are going to work in a year? I can't use the number of days, because MYOB doesnt work like that..

Thank you

Sheryl

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Shezamac 

You can record an adjustment pay to enter the leave balance, zero out all amounts/hours and enter the number of hours against the Family & Domestic Violence leave entitlement category. Step 5 in the Help Article, Running down method of leave, has instructions for recording an adjustment pay.

The Help Article, Family and domestic violence leave, has detailed information on setting up and paying this leave. You can set up reminders by following Step 4 in the Help Article, Running down method of leave.

If you're not sure about your obligations with regards to this leave we do recommend checking the Fairwork website or speaking to your accountant.

Please let me know if you need further help.