Forum Discussion

farawayinsydney
Experienced User
2 months ago

Duplicated STP Reporting

Yesterday I made a mistake. On half way of "process payroll" for 3 employees, I noted that only 2 of the 3 employees were included in the run, so I stopped the run. Unfortunately, the incorrect pay run has been uploaded to MYOB's online "STP Reports" although the incorrect pay run was not sent to the ATO yet.

Then I checked the figures insides "EOFY Finalisation" for one of the 2 employees involved in the botched pay run. This employee's "Gross YTD", "PAYG Withholding YTD" and "Superannuation Guarantee" all increased. The differences in figures were exactly the same as the figures in the botched pay run.

I already deleted the botched pay run in MYOB. 

My concern is that the figures insides "EOFY Finalisation" were incorrect and needs to be corrected prior to Finalisation at the year end. Could you please kindly advise me on how to fix it?

Attached is the relevant screen shots for your reference.

Many thanks

Kai

3 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi farawayinsydney,

Thanks for your post. To address this issue, we recommend verifying the payrun register report. If the report is correct, you simply need to send an update event to ensure that the figures match in the EOFY finalization tab.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out again. We are happy to help!

Regards,
    Earl

farawayinsydney
      Experienced User

Hi Earl,

The final page of the attachment (page 3) is the payrun register report which is correct.

Could you please advise me on how to send an update event to match the figures in the EOFY finalisation tab?

At the moment , in the "EOFY Finalisation" tab, the figures of "Gross YTD", "PAYG Withholding YTD" and "Superannuation Guarantee" are all incorrect.  How to correct them? Could you please guide me step by step?

'Regards,

Kai

farawayinsydney
      Experienced User

Could Earl_HD or someone else kindly advise me how to solve the problem step by step?

MYOB moderate Earl_HD hinted a solution on his reply. However, I do not know how to implement "send an update event to ensure that the figures match in the EOFY finalisation tab"? 

Could Earl_HD or someone else advise a step by step solution at their early convenience?

Thank you in advance

Kai