Forum Discussion

LLSH
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

EOFY

The amounts on a MYOB payslip are showing a running total then go into a minus for 23 weeks then a zero for 2 weeks. This has caused the YTD totals to not be correct. How can I fix this so the EOFY amounts balance with the Year report which is correct in MYOB but not ATO.

• Hi LLSH 

You need to follow these steps exactly so that you can finalise STP and don't lose any of your current data:

1. take a back up of your current online file
    2. restore the previous year back up online: Restore your company file
    3. fix the Pay history 
    4. process a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June 2022
    5. once the YTD amounts in the Summary of payments report are correct, finalise STP
    6. take a back up and rename it so that it is easily identifiable as the EOFY back up
    7. restore the back up of the current file online (the back up taken at step 1)

You can't merge the back up and current files. You need to fix and finalise STP in the back up file. Files need to be online to report and finalise STP. So you are replacing the current file with the back up file. When you have finalised STP you need to replace the back up file with the current file.

Make sure you take a back up of your current file before restoring the previous year back up.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

18 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi LLSH 

Thanks for your post. The YTD amounts on payslips are pulled from the employee card>>Payroll details tab>>Pay history. It sounds like the Pay history has been manually changed. To confirm this run the Payroll activity and Payroll register reports, if they are different the Pay history has been changed. You would need to change the Pay history back to the correct YTD amounts.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

LLSH
      Experienced User

Good Morning, There is no history to show on her card. I have attached snippet. Yes the amounts are different in the reports!

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi LLSH 

It's the Pay history in the Payroll details tab:

The Payroll activity report pulls it's data from pays processed through Process payroll.

The Payroll register report pulls it's data from the employee card>>Pay history.

This means that if those reports are different the Pay history has been manually changed. STP reports also get their data from the Pay history so it is important to ensure it correctly reflects pays processed through payroll. Payroll adjustments should only be processed through a payrun. 

To resolve this you need to change the Pay history back to what it should be so that the activity and register reports are the same.

Please let me know if you need further help.

LLSH
      Experienced User

I have also noticed that the payslips seem to go down in the totals then up then down again? I wont attach as confidential but the first payday in July 2021 shows a minus which goes down 3 pays then up to a big figure, then down again. Doesn't seem right. No one elses does this?