Forum Discussion

2 years ago

incorrect bank account on super transaction

hi 

I have accidentally selected the wrong account to assign our super deduction from in myob. the money has been processed from the correct bank account (savings) but my allocation in paysuper was to another auxillary account. 

how can i modify, edit or rectifiy this?

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi pjmo 

Thank you for your post.  Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. 

In this case, you will need to unallocate your transaction to change it to the correct account. To unallocate an allocated transaction, you will need to do the following:

1. Go to the Banking menu and choose Bank Transactions.
    2. In the Status field, choose Allocated.
    3. If required, specify a date range.
    4. Click the dropdown arrow for the allocated transaction.
    5. On the left-hand side tick the box for the transaction that needs to be unallocated and select unallocate 
    6. This should then unallocate

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

pjmo

hi there,

no this is incorrect. iim not talking about unassigning a transaction in the bank feeds. thge super transaction created is assigned in the super payments as the incorrect "pay from account". when i have completed the pay supoer ttransaction i didnt change the account to the correct one.

how can i modify this in the super payments so i can then match it to the relevant transaction in my normal account?

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi pjmo 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

When you have processed the Pay Superannuation payment you do get the option to select a Pay From Account. This is the account that the payment will be processed within AccountRight, this has no bearing on the account that the funds will actually be processed in real life.

If the incorrect pay from account has been selected in AccountRight on that Pay Superannuation transaction you would be looking at reversing out the Pay Superannuation transaction. You would then reprocess those values using the Pay Liabilities (if those funds have been successfully paid). Our Help Article: Reversing and reprocessing superannuation payments would be able to assist with that process. 

Alternatively, you could do a Transfer Money or Spend Money transaction taking the money from the incorrect account to the correct account in AccountRight. 

Cheers,

Shella_A