Forum Discussion

Melinda_78
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Leave Accruals not calculating when on leave

Hi all,

We have just discovered that it seems that since the last update in January, that our leave accruals are no longer caclulating correctly. It works perfectly fine if the employee has worked the full 38hours. But if Sick Leave, Annual Leave, or Time in Lieu has been taken, the weekly accruals are short by the time that they had off. It has been working perfectly fine for the umpteen years previously.

Has anyone else has this glitch, or is it just a gremlin in my system alone?

Regards,

Mel. 

Neil_M
    5 years ago

HI Melinda_78 

To the best of my knowledge and reviewing the release notes there was nothing in the last release that impacted the payroll functionality, specifically in how the leave accruals functioned and calculated. As such I would still be inclined to check what I mentioned previously just to rule it out as a possibility.

Whilst you could clear the AccountRight cache, this would not resolve the issue if the calculation basis of the accrual is excluding those wage categories.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi Melinda_78 

I’d be inclined to check the setup of your leave accrual, specifically the calculation basis for that accrual. If you have it set as a percentage of Gross Hours, then the payroll categories you use to pay the different leave types may have been ticked as exempt.

You can view what payroll categories have been marked as exempt by clicking on Exempt. This will bring up a list of all the payroll categories. Those that are ticked are exempt from the leave accrual calculation.

Melinda_78
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Neil, but my leave accruals have been working perfectly fine for the last 5 years. No settings have been changed. It seems to have stopped accruing when using all types of leave since the last update in January. It might be best for me to contact MYOB directly. Maybe there is a gremlin in our system only.

Neil_M
        Former Staff

HI Melinda_78 

To the best of my knowledge and reviewing the release notes there was nothing in the last release that impacted the payroll functionality, specifically in how the leave accruals functioned and calculated. As such I would still be inclined to check what I mentioned previously just to rule it out as a possibility.

Whilst you could clear the AccountRight cache, this would not resolve the issue if the calculation basis of the accrual is excluding those wage categories.