Forum Discussion

aaromat
Experienced User
5 years ago
Solved

New employees no super membership numbers

Hi there

I am trying to pay super through Pay Super Settings  (for the first time) but we have a bunch of new employees who have elected to join our default fund - HESTA.  I don't have membership numbers for them and I can't submit the file as I keep getting the white cross in the red dot next to their names.

Please can someone help with a solution.

Many thanks in advance.

• Hi aaromat 

I usually enter something like New Member No 1, New Member No 2 etc. Hesta may have a specific requirement, so maybe check with them.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    IanChait
    Ultimate Partner

Hi aaromat 

I usually enter something like New Member No 1, New Member No 2 etc. Hesta may have a specific requirement, so maybe check with them.

aaromat
      Experienced User

Thank you Ian - that worked !!  Your help is very much appreciated.

Have a great weekend !

Linda

Searl
      Experienced Cover User

Ian, I've got a similar question please. The new employee and myself, the employer, have filled out the Superannuation Choice Form but it says on the form not to submit to anyone (I assumed the employee would send this to Sunsuper, our default fund, to setup an account). 

So, the Employee Membership No is blank and in your answer you said just to nominate any number? Does Sunsuper then create an account for the employee based on the name, TFN etc that we would update later?

Thanks!
      Tim

Neil_M
        Former Staff

HI Searl 

If you didn’t have an employee membership number provided by the super fund then you would need to have something unique to that employee in the Employee Membership number field to allow the superannuation contribution to be processed.

As to how the super fund will handle contributions for employees that are not members, you will need to speak with the super fund as to how they handle that