Forum Discussion

5 months ago
Solved

Payroll run is not automatically matching bank feed

I am having difficulties matching the payrun to the bank feed.

I have checked under payrun and payment method is selected as cheque

but the account is showing up as payroll clearing account and should be showing as the main chq account.

How do I change this?

• HI KarenG1 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the community forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

I suggest checking the linked accounts from Setup >> Linked Accounts >> Payroll accounts. If the pay transactions were going to the electronic clearing account, it means that the employee’s payment method is electronic, even if this set as cheque from the employee’s method the linked account overrides this set up. In this case, you need to process the electronic payment in Prepare Electronic Payments to move the amount from the electronic clearing account to the bank account. You can then change the linked accounts for your payroll for the next payroll transaction.

Please let me know if you require further assistance with this. I'm here to help.

If my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• HI KarenG1 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the community forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

I suggest checking the linked accounts from Setup >> Linked Accounts >> Payroll accounts. If the pay transactions were going to the electronic clearing account, it means that the employee’s payment method is electronic, even if this set as cheque from the employee’s method the linked account overrides this set up. In this case, you need to process the electronic payment in Prepare Electronic Payments to move the amount from the electronic clearing account to the bank account. You can then change the linked accounts for your payroll for the next payroll transaction.

Please let me know if you require further assistance with this. I'm here to help.

If my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess