Forum Discussion

JulieMac2
Experienced User
11 months ago

Random payslips not emailing

Hi, starting about a month ago I have had one or two payslips not being emailed. They show as 'Already Printed or Sent' in the Payslip, but do not show in the 'Sent Emails' The individual has contacted me to say they did not receive their payslip and I have re-emailed them - i.e. going back in to the payslip, changing status to "To be emailed', going to Print/Email Pay Slips, selecting the payslip to be emailed and sending. It then sends, the employee receives it and it shows up in the 'Sent Emails'  This shows to me that there is nothing wrong with the system, or the email address as such, but this was just a random thing.  

However, this week 10 of the 41 payslips did not get sent - very annoying as I do not know which 10 did not email, so have to go through every card file to work this out.

Can you please advise why random 'payslips not emailing' is occurring and how do I rectify?

Thanks

JMac2

31 Replies

• We have been having this issue since about July last year and I'm not surprised that MYOB has still not been able to produce a solution to the problem, their tech support is atrocious. I've been a MYOB user for 30 years and they are getting worse each year.

Responses are useless, irrelevant and sometimes just downright ridiculous (honestly, the last solution I read here was to resend them.... seriously? You think we haven't already done that a zillion times already??) An inept response with an inefficient, time consuming and costly solution.

If you're going to increase your subscription prices MYOB, how about offering some real tech support while you're at it. 

• We appear to be having this issue too. Usually we don't know it's a problem until the employee asks for their payslip. Check the sent list and they aren't on it but the pay is marked as already printed or emailed.

• Hi Earl,

We are a medium-sized business with over 40 employees and also have this issue, it's been going on for over 6 months.

Desperately seeking a solution for this as employees are also getting frustrated.

Thanks,

Kate

Ck63
    Trusted Cover User

Hi

We have been having this problem for months - see my post above.  I have discovered that if you email from the web browser they usually go through

JulieMac2
      Experienced User

Hi Ck63

May I ask how you send bulk emails via the web browser - there doesnt seem to be a command centre for Sent Emails, like in the Desktop Version to check what sent and what didnt?  I can see how you send an individual's payslip to them in the Web Browser - which thank you, is a lot quicker than using Desktop for resending all those ones that didnt send the first time! :)

TIA

Julie

Ck63
        Trusted Cover User

Hi JulieMac2.  I just went into Payroll - Pay runs.  then clicked on the relevant payrun and you can then email payslips from there.  I just ticked the ones that hadn't been sent and hit email.  It seems to work.  Good luck

JulieMac2
    Experienced User

Hi, following up from my query please.  This week another 9 payslips did not email - but not the same employees as last week - just adhoc random payslips not being sent.  Please can MYOB provide a solution for this?

Thanks

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi JulieMac2,

Just want to check if you're still having this issue? If so, feel free to post again, we're happy to help.

Regards,
      Earl

Heidee
        Cover User

Hello Earl_HD 

We have been experiencing this issue of random pay slips not emailing for a few weeks. I have checked your suggestion above but still have the problem. 

Is this a known issue with others?

Many thanks,

Heidee

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JulieMac2,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!  

I'm sorry to hear that you were having issues with sending payslips and thanks for the detailed information. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response. There can be a few reasons why emails are not being received, as such, I'd recommend going through the troubleshooting in this help article: Email troubleshooting 

If you continue to have problems, please let us know so that we can troubleshoot further
    Regards,
    Earl

JulieMac2
      Experienced User

Hi Earl, and thank you for your response.

I have gone through the 'email troubleshooting', and it either doesnt apply to my situation or then wasnt relevant or didnt help :(

So, yes please, if you able to offer further assistance that would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Julie

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JulieMac2,

Thanks for confirming and sorry for the late response. Can you please try turning off Setup > Preferences > Reports & Forms Tab "Include all YTD amounts and Entitlement Balances on Paycheque Stubs [System-wide]" 

If the same issue you can try to put through a dummy paycheque with 1 hour and amount against each payroll category they have had in the past, then delete this pay. After this is done, the correct "employeepayrollcategoryregisters" are created in the database and payslips will send from that point on.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi

You're welcome! Feel free to reach out again if you have any more questions or concerns while we await a solution. We'll be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl

• Hi Earl

I am also having the same problem for months now. Yesterday I double checked that all 36 were checked to be emailed. Emailed them off and when I checked this morning only 31 were sent although all 36 were marked as emailed. The 5 people whom didn't receive this time round received it last time, however last payrun 8 staff didn't receive. They all have differing email addresses , gmail, hotmail, bigpond, optus. They are never a group of employees (example surname S-T ). We have tried all your suggestions. Can you please advise of something further to rectify this.

Thanks

Heather

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Heather_Optix,

Thank you so much for your post and my apologies for the late response. We're aware of an issue in AccountRight where some emails may not be sent when sending multiple emails. This issue is currently affecting only a limited number of users, and we've identified your account as one of those impacted. Our team is actively working on finding a solution. In the meantime, if you come across any payslips that weren't successfully emailed, the temporary solution is to resend them. Thank you for your patience as we strive to resolve this matter.

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.
        Regards,
        Earl