Forum Discussion

BOFAccounts
Contributing Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Single Touch Payroll - Missing Employee Amount from ATO Report

I have just checked my Payroll Reporting Centre (& double checked on the ATO Business Portal) and although the pay event for today indicates 12 employees were paid, one of the employees does not have a print out and when I check the Gross Payments and PAYG Withholding amounts, it does not include that employee

When I look further into MYOB, the employee has a payslip recorded and he appears on the Payroll Activity Summary. The employee has been paid via our bank account.

I have no idea where to go from here .....

BOFAccounts
    5 years ago

Thank you for your response ... but MYOB clearly indicates that if I choose OTHER as the EMPLOYMENT BASIS it will be excluded from STP. However it does not say the same about EMPLOYMENT STATUS. I have used this Employment Status of 'Other' as I would use 'Labour Hire' on a written TFN Declaration Form to distinquish different employees status.

Having said that I have actually deleted the previous pay run for the particular employee ... because it clearly didn't get sent to the ATO, changed his status to 'Casual' and ran another pay for that individual. It now works and I receive an ATO Reponse Report.

My reason for writing this response is for others who may be using the Employment Status as I have since the start of using MYOB. This was not flagged as an error when checking payroll details for STP

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi BOFAccounts 

I don't mean to sound condescending, but when you say "print out" do you mean a printed copy of their Payslip?

My second question, should that person have been paid?

My third question, should there have been 11, 12 or 13 employees paid?

My fourth question, is it a new Employee? If so, my fifth question is, did you need to setup new Payroll Categories just for them?

I'm just trying to establish the scenario so I can assist...

Naomi

BOFAccounts
      Contributing Cover User

Evening Naomi

In answer to your questions:

1. When I mention the 'Print Out' I am talking about when I go to Payroll Reporting Centre on MYOB & download the ATO Response 

2. Yes the person should have been paid

3. There should have been 13 employees paid in total. This employee was not included in the count reported to ATO. However he has a payslip so according to MYOB data he has been paid. He was also paid via the bank

4. No it is not a new employee

Naomi_Roskell
        Partner

Hi BOFAccounts 

So now I'll ask if this Employee has had the same Payroll Categories used as everyone else? Check there is no PAYG Exemption in the Payroll Category as well

Also, it might be wise to check if their TFN and Super details are entered.

And lastly, how much did the person earn? If it was less than $350-ish then there would be no PAYG withheld...

You've obviously gathered there may be a missing link between the Employee Card File, Payroll processing and the ATO, so it's always best practice to check these areas first.

Do you know how to check all the places I mentioned? If you do, and you make changes, I recommend completing a nil payrun as @ 30/06/19 with payment date 30/06/19 to updated the YTD figures...

Looking forward to hearing back...

Naomi