Forum Discussion

bairdmw
Contributing Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

System crash (again) when trying to delete a payroll

Anyone else sick of seeing the MYOB crash screen?  I'm trying to delete a payroll transaction that has not yet been put through to a bank file.  Stack trace below...   I'm absolutely amazed that a ...
    Tracey_H
    4 years ago

Hi bairdmw 

Thanks for detailed information. So it appears that you are being affected by that known issue I mentioned previously. This issue is impacting users of the Server Edition whose file is offline, regardless of whether the pay has been declared through STP or not. The cause of this is being investigated by our developers, however, some users have been able to delete or reverse a pay by stopping services on the server:

To stop services on Windows

1. Simultaneously press the Windows Image and R key on your keyboard (the Windows Image key is between the Ctrl and Alt keys). The Run window appears.

2. In the Open field, type services.msc then click OK.

3. In the list of services, look for all services starting with MYOB

4. Right-click on each of the services and choose Stop.

5. The service will now no longer show "Started"

Once the pay has been deleted or reversed you will need to restart the services:

To start services on Windows

1. Simultaneously press the Windows and R key on your keyboard (the Windows key is between the Ctrl and Alt keys). The Run window appears.

2. In the Open field, type services.msc then click OK.

3.In the list of services, look for all services starting with MYOB

Note that you  may  have  different services  starting  with  MYOB  depending on  the  versions you have installed.

4. Right-click on each of the services and choose Start.

5. The service will now show "Started" 

Changes were made in 2020.3 in the way that pays can be corrected. If a pay has the status accepted or sent in the Payroll Reporting Centre it will need to be reversed, regardless of whether it has been included in a bank file or not. 

If you choose to process a negative pay, you can then process a $0 pay with payment date as today to update the YTD amounts in STP.  As long as the YTD amounts are correct, there's no mess created with the ATO as a negative pay is just a manual reversal. 

And I just want to clarify another point, your company file does not need to be online to report your payroll through STP. You just need a subscription and an internet connection. 

Please do let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.