Forum Discussion

alltimer
Contributing Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Timesheets - AccountRight

I am looking at setting up Timesheets for our Employees. I understand the concept & how to activate the timesheet preferences etc, however, we have several employees who are salaried & several who are timesheet-based with Overtime calculated separately. How does this work with a Payroll run? Does the entire run carry over or do I have to process the salaried employees separately?

• Hello alltimer 

AccountRight does allow for the user to enter timesheets for only certain employees, if needed. These can be entered via the Payroll>>Enter Timesheet option.

For the employees that you don't want to enter timesheet information for, I would recommend going to Card File>>Cards Lists>>*select the employee*>>Payroll Details>>Standard Pay tab on the left hand side, and ensuring that you have the correct values in there. Essentially, AccountRight will look at the Standard Pay and timesheets to give you the pay figures in the Process Payroll window. So for the employees that you aren't going to have a timesheet for, do ensure that they have a Standard Pay figure entered.

When processing pays, ensure that you have the Timesheets Preference turned on as per the instructions in this article. If this is not done, you won't be able to see your timesheets for applicable employees when you are processing payroll. Then, you'll want to go through the steps to start a pay run. As you go through, you should be prompted with the timesheets in the Pay Period step of the Process Payroll Assistant. You should see the timesheets for the specified pay period here.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Emily_B
    Former Staff

Hello alltimer 

AccountRight does allow for the user to enter timesheets for only certain employees, if needed. These can be entered via the Payroll>>Enter Timesheet option.

For the employees that you don't want to enter timesheet information for, I would recommend going to Card File>>Cards Lists>>*select the employee*>>Payroll Details>>Standard Pay tab on the left hand side, and ensuring that you have the correct values in there. Essentially, AccountRight will look at the Standard Pay and timesheets to give you the pay figures in the Process Payroll window. So for the employees that you aren't going to have a timesheet for, do ensure that they have a Standard Pay figure entered.

When processing pays, ensure that you have the Timesheets Preference turned on as per the instructions in this article. If this is not done, you won't be able to see your timesheets for applicable employees when you are processing payroll. Then, you'll want to go through the steps to start a pay run. As you go through, you should be prompted with the timesheets in the Pay Period step of the Process Payroll Assistant. You should see the timesheets for the specified pay period here.