Forum Discussion

Bolbec76
Experienced User
4 months ago

Working Holiday Maker - now Resident

Hi

I have an employee on a Working Holiday Visa, and her new permanent visa was granted on 28 Dec 2023. I have just received her withholding declaration form.

As the business pays wages weekly, her income type and tax table for the past 2 weeks still reflect her as a 'Working holiday maker'. 

Appreciate some advice on how to go about making the changes and adjustments. 

Thanks.

4 Replies

• Hi Bolbec76 

Due to STP Phase 2, you will need to create a new employee card with the new settings. This is the only way to have 2 income statements, one showing Income Type as WHM for the first period and one showing Income Type Salary and Wages for the 2nd period.

Regards

Gavin

Bolbec76
      Experienced User

Thanks gavin12345  and Doreen_P . What about the 2 weeks' pay which was paid out? Should I adjust it, or can I just leave it as it is?

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, Bolbec76

You are very much welcome! If everything is correct from the last 2 weeks' pay, you can leave it as it is. However, if you need to adjust the recorded pay, you can reverse and then reprocess it. For more information on how to do it, kindly check out the Help Article: Fixing a pay.

Kindly let us know if you still need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Bolbec76

Thanks for your post.

In addition to what Gavin mentioned, you can also change the tax table on the employee card file. To do this, go to Card File > Cards Lists > Employee tab, and then select the employee name > Payroll Details > Taxes > Tax Table. If you're unsure which tax table to use, we recommend speaking with your accountant, as they can advise you on what to use.

Best regards,

Doreen