Forum Discussion

22 days ago

MYOB AccountRight doesnt show all transactions but MYOB Cloud does - why?

Hi MYOB Wizards, 

I have a client who's MYOB AccountRight file doesnt show all the transactions for the period in the General Ledger Detailed Report.  However, when I go to the cloud file and run the GL report all the transactions are present.  

I have a similar situation with the GST Summary/GST Detailed and other reports not showing in the AR file but the transactions appear in the cloud.  

Why is this occuring? 

Thanks in advance!

6 Replies

• Hi IntegralBooks 

The file you are accessing should be one and the same. If you are seeing 2 different things, firstly check you are viewing the same file. When accessing the file through the desktop software, ensure you are logging into the online not, not inadvertently opening a local copy. (ensure bottom right corner is green and shows online file).

The other common issue is caused by caching, moderators often recommend users clear their cache when they encounter display issues or inconsistencies.

Regards

Gavin

IntegralBooks
      User

Thanks Gavin.  I can confirm it is the same MYOB file and I am accessing the Online file through MYOB AR.  

I have found on a bookkeeping forum that this was occuring for another user across payroll also.  Seems to be a broader issue than just my scenario. 

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi IntegralBooks 

Curious and unusual - normally it is the other way around. Things are visible when accessing via Desktop but not via Browser - this is usually attributed to coding errors in the Browser access, or features not yet available in Browser access.

The situation you are describing sounds like a new issue where a transaction is recorded via the Browser, it might not be recording exactly as required for desktop access. Were your transactions also Payroll or other type. Suggest you provide as much info as possible (in a public forum) and I will tag a couple of moderators for their comment.

Princess_R  Celia_B 

Regards

Gavin

• Hi All, 

Thank you for all of your great feedback my query so far. 

At this point in time, MYOB Support are unsure why this anomoly is occuring and has suggested that we submit a back up of the Live AR file so they can do a deep dive to find the bug causing the issue. 

This scenario is happening to all transactions in one MYOB file (yes - confirmed Serial number on both AR and Cloud are the same), all transaction lines regardless of GST (income and expense in one transaction) are not showing in AR but in Cloud reports. 

MYOB Support found this situation rather odd as it should not occur at all.  I will post an update once we know what the root cause is for this problem. 

Thanks for your assistance!

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi IntegralBooks 

Keen to hear about cause. Odd that it is happening to one file only and affecting all transactions. You also noted that the file (whether accessed via desktop or via browser) has the same serial number. 

The most likely cause remains they are 2 different files. So suggest you check that it also has the same File ID (see Help > About), whether the online file is accessed via desktop software or browser.

Why I add this is I know you have previously checked and confirmed that when accessing via desktop software you are accessing the online file. While unlikely, it is possible to have 2 files online with the same serial number, but not with the same File ID. As a Premier subscription allows for 2 online files, someone may have uploaded rather than restored a file online, ending up with 2 online files. Just a thought.

Regards

Gavin