Forum Discussion

4 years ago
Solved

Balance in header account incorrect

Hello 

We are using Accountright 20.1.0 and the total of detail accounts arent adding up to the total in the header accounts (in a number of cases).

I have checked the trial balance and balance sheet which dont appear to have issues, I have also moved the header and detail accounts with no luck.

Any suggestions 

Thansks

Komal_S
    4 years ago

Hi momentumbk 

As discussed through private messages, I have escalated this case to the data file repair team.

Please let us know should you need further assistance. 

Update: Issues fixed by the data file repair team.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi momentumbk 

If moving the accounts has not worked, can you please try to move the accounts in the way explained below as it is meant to refresh the Accounts List correctly. However, please ensure you've a backup of the file before attempting this: 

1. In the Accounts List window, click to highlight a detail account below the Header account with the incorrect balance. (we can only move one at a time)
    2. Click the Up button to change the hierarchy of the detail account. This will move the detail account to not be under the Header account.

Example below shows after pressing the Up button, the detail account 6-2101 is now on the same level as the header account 6-2100.
    Note: This Example show the header account is still incorrect. It should have no balance with no detail accounts to total.

3. Now we have moved the the detail account this is no longer being totaled in the header account.
    4. Check the Header account balance,
    5. Move the detail account back down under the Header account, check the header account balance, this should now be correct. if not move to option 2.

Example below shows the detail account 6-2101 has been moved under the header account 6-2100, and is showing the incorrect header balance still.

If this does not work, please send me the screenshot of this window before and after moving the accounts, and your serial number by a Private Message so we can look at other options available.

momentumbk
      User

Hi Komal, thanks for getting back to me, i have sent a couple of PM's back to you as requested, however not sure if you received them.

We still have the issue and i was wondering if there was anything further we can do?

thanks

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi momentumbk 

As discussed through private messages, I have escalated this case to the data file repair team.

Please let us know should you need further assistance. 

Update: Issues fixed by the data file repair team.