Forum Discussion

mayfield
Experienced User
2 years ago

prepare bank deposit - pays still staying in there

Hi,

I use the prepare bank deposit feature - when I click for payments received, all is good - they disappear from here. However, all the old pay cheques don't disappear when I click them off, they are all still sitting there even though the transaction is recorded correctly.

How do I clear them from here?

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi mayfield 

Thank you for your post. You can process those payments to clear them off the list, then do a journal entry to fix the balance.

To clear the transactions in the Prepare Electronic Payments window:

1. Open the Prepare Electronic Payments window
    2. Select all of the transactions
    3. Click Record to create the bank / ABA file
    4. Delete the bank file

After doing this you should speak to their accountant about doing a journal entry to offset this transaction as it may affect their bank reconciliation.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

mayfield
      Experienced User

thank you

I understand that I can do this, but what about in the future, why do they stay there?

when I record my deposits they disappear from here so I don't understand why the pays don't

mayfield
      Experienced User

Hi,

this answer still doesn't help - I can select all of the pays, which then does the transaction, but then they don't disappear from here like the deposits do?   why is it different?

Please help.

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi mayfield 

My apologies I missed that the pay transactions are appearing in Prepare bank deposits window. Only funds received should be posted to the Undeposited funds account and appear in Prepare bank deposits. 

Can you confirm the following:

1. Open one of the pay runs and check what account is listed under Pay from Account?
        2. Can you go to Setup > Linked Accounts > check what is listed under Bank Account for Undeposited Funds?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.