Forum Discussion

czcz1992
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

All Users Automatically Login to Administrator Account without Password

Hi Team,

We're having several users for our MYOB AccountRight online file. However, starting from last week, all users automatically login to Administrator account without needing a password.

Can you please advise what we need to do to revert this back to normal? So that everyone can login to their own user access.

Thanks in advance.

Connie

Haydes
    5 years ago

Hi czcz1992 

In that case I think I know what is going on. If you sign into AccountRight and go to: Setup > User Access and select the Administrator User ID. I suspect there might be a "This user will sign in with their my.MYOB account" ticked:

If this is the case, then this will bypass the User ID sign in window. This makes life easier for those with their own Email Addresses to sign in directly without dealing with that window.

Deselecting this box and clicking Save (Don't change their Online Access if you're prompted) will bring back the option to enter a User ID and Password when signing into MYOB again.

How to avoid this in the future, when entering the User ID and Password don't tick the box "Link this User ID to your my.MYOB account":

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Haydes
    MYOB Product Team

Hi czcz1992 

Could you describe how each user signs in? Specifically what I'd be looking for is if they sign in with their own Email Addresses each or if they use a unifying Email, but different User ID's in MYOB.

Depending on how the normal sign in works can depend on the answer to what is going on and how to stop this.

czcz1992
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Hayden,

We share the same email address to login, but different User ID's in MYOB.

Normally we login with same email address, then after we select the company file, we enter our own user ID and password. 

Please advise.

Thanks,

Connie

Haydes
        MYOB Product Team

Hi czcz1992 

In that case I think I know what is going on. If you sign into AccountRight and go to: Setup > User Access and select the Administrator User ID. I suspect there might be a "This user will sign in with their my.MYOB account" ticked:

If this is the case, then this will bypass the User ID sign in window. This makes life easier for those with their own Email Addresses to sign in directly without dealing with that window.

Deselecting this box and clicking Save (Don't change their Online Access if you're prompted) will bring back the option to enter a User ID and Password when signing into MYOB again.

How to avoid this in the future, when entering the User ID and Password don't tick the box "Link this User ID to your my.MYOB account":