Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Closing company file

Hi, 

We have a company file that we no longer use. We would like to cancel the subsciption but are unsure if we can convert the file to a read only version, or simliar, so we can still access reports and such. We do have a second file that we still use.  

Is there an option like thsi or do we need to export all reports we think we may need in the future?

Thanks

Jaclyn 

2 REPLIES 2
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,034 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,034Posts

917Kudos

640Solutions

Re: Closing company file

Hi @SDAC 

You are posting on an AccountRight board, so I assume you are using AccountRight and not one of the 'browser only' products. In this case, make a backup of the online file and then restore it locally. You will always have read-only access to this file. Or if you have a perpetual licence, you will have read-write access.

If not sure how to do this, there are Support Notes on backing up and restoring your file in MYOB's Support section.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,183 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,183Posts

118Kudos

490Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Closing company file

Hi @SDAC,

Thank you for your post, and my apologies for the delay in responding back to your query.

If you wish to cancel your online file subscription but still want to access the reports, you can certainly do so. You will need to back up the online company file first. Once you've done that, you can restore it locally to your computer. This will give you read-and-write access to that file, specifically if it's a perpetual license file.

Please note that this process will allow you to access your reports and data even after the subscription is cancelled. However, it's always a good idea to export and save any reports you think you may need in the future for added security.

If you need further assistance with this process, feel free to reach out. We're here to help!

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

I would also like to thank you, Gavin, for your prompt response in providing information.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post