Forum Discussion

JojoA1
Experienced User
2 years ago

Two companies with the same Serial Number & ID number

Hello,

We have just transferred our company files over to the cloud but came across two companies that have the same serial number & ID number which apparently isn't possible.

They can not locate the file we did transfer to the cloud and only have details of the company we are trying to put on the cloud - we can see both and are working in them.

We are unsure of what to do as we need them all to be on the cloud, can anyone please assist?

Thank you

Jo

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi JojoA1 

Based on your forum details I've located an AccountRight Premier serial number (ending with 6172), it supports 2 company files online, currently there is 1 file placed online. However, I noticed that under this serial number, there is only 1 company file ever activated. 

Could you please open both of the company files you are using, go to Setup > Company Information to double check the serial number listed there, and also the company file ID number under Help > About? If they are the same, it means these two files are just different copies of the same file, and cannot be placed online together, they would be identified as the same file when placed online. Are these two files currently used for different businesses? 

If their serial number is different, then you can bring the other file into your serial number via Help > Change serial number. 

Please do let us know how you go.

JojoA1
      Experienced User

Hi Clover,

No, it is a different Serial number than you are referring to.

The companies in question have the same Serial Number & same ID but are two completely different entities which is why we didn't want to proceed with attempting any upgrade in case they overwrote each other.

MYOB has been in contact with me since posting my query and we are sending them both files as it appears the data they are holding on our companies is incorrect e.g the file we did upgrade to the Cloud they can not locate, but they have the company details of the file we haven't upgraded - the ID number is the issue.

Hopefully they can change the ID number as that would seem like the easy fix??

Thanks

Jo