Forum Discussion

CathS-BW
Contributing User
16 days ago
Solved

backup date incorrect

I can't get the backup date to update on my online files.

I have backed up today (& many other times) but the counter won't re-set.

There appears to have been a previous discussion about this issue but when I try to access it I get an "access denied" message.

Can someone please help me work out how to correct the backup date?

Thank you.

Cheers Cath

• Hi CathS-BW 

This is one of those long standing bugs in MYOB, which MYOB can't be bothered fixing. When you make a backup, MYOB should update the backup date - however it doesn't. The backup still happens. Moderators simply tell users to check the backup zip file exists in the location you specified and not to worry about this screen you are seeing.

To 'fix', make a backup. Restore locally. Open locally and create a backup - MYOB will then update the last backup date. Restore this backup online. This will change the days since last backup warning. However it will not update any further until you repeat the process. If unsure how to backup and restore, see Support Note here

Regards

Gavin

3 Replies

• Hi CathS-BW 

This is one of those long standing bugs in MYOB, which MYOB can't be bothered fixing. When you make a backup, MYOB should update the backup date - however it doesn't. The backup still happens. Moderators simply tell users to check the backup zip file exists in the location you specified and not to worry about this screen you are seeing.

To 'fix', make a backup. Restore locally. Open locally and create a backup - MYOB will then update the last backup date. Restore this backup online. This will change the days since last backup warning. However it will not update any further until you repeat the process. If unsure how to backup and restore, see Support Note here

Regards

Gavin

CathS-BW
      Contributing User

Hi gavin12345 , thank you for your reply, at least I know I'm not going crazy.

It's probably not a huge issue I guess, apart from mucking with my ocd!

Thank you again.

Cheers Cath

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi CathS-BW,

Thanks for your post. We are currently aware of this issue. If you have taken a backup and know where it's saved, please disregard the message for now. If you have additional questions, feel free to start a new post, and we'll be happy to assist you.

Regards,
        Earl