Forum Discussion

RichD
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Create new MYOB user & use previous generic email

Hi, Current error message is: "The invitation couldn't be sent because this person is already entitled to use this company file." Previously when encountering this I just phoned tech support. General ...
    RichD
    2 years ago

Hi WHCSusan 

I wrote a little internal note / procedure for our business (copied below), I believe it to be accurate.  Basically I'd suggest direct messaging a moderator.  I believe they need to contact you first to start a direct chat, you could probably message @ them in a forum post to get their attention.  Good luck :-).

Reuse Email Address for New User

If an email has been registered to a user who has left the company then a new user cannot be setup with the same email address without MYOB’s help.  After trying many things the final error message tends to be: “The invitation couldn't be sent because this person is already entitled to use this company file."  This is because the old user is still associated with the email even though it appears not to be when viewed by an admin via the desktop app or through my.MYOB.  Supposedly an admin can change the old users email to something else to make it available again but hasn’t worked once yet.  So far it’s always been resolved by MYOB fixing at their end.  Sometimes MYOB phone support can fix within 30 mins but it may be easier to just login into the MYOB community forums and ask a MYOB Moderator to remove the email association at their end, as per email below.

"When a user is made inactive, they no longer have access to the file, however, the email will still be recorded in the company file and if you re-use an already recorded email, you encounter that error. When this happens, we rename the orginal users email so that the system does not pick up the duplication. For example, qldsales@<sample>.com.au is renamed to qldsales@noemail.com allowing the new user to be created with the original email.

If you run into this situation again, you should be able to rename the original email on your end either through User access or my.myob.com, however, if you did have any trouble with this in future, agents of all levels in support should be able to assist with this, although, please feel free to reach out to me directly as I'd be more than happy to assist. 

Cheers, Sam _R"