How do I change user email?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Lmcstack
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

49Posts

49Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How do I change user email?

We have 2 users for whom we have changed their email addresses.

As administrator I have logged in to manage online access.  I changed the email address from the old email to the new email address for the specific user.  I was then prompted "Do you want to add, change or remove xxxxx's online access to this company file?  I responded yes and it then redirected me to login in to my.myob and the Manage online access page.

I assume I need to invite new online user for this new email address which I did.  However, this resulted in the user being unable to access myob via either the old or the new email.

I am guessing that I need to create a brand new user with the new email address and then invite the user via my.myob?  Then remove access from the old email/user???

Or is there a way I can just change the email address???

Thanks

Lynne

BTW - it's a little annoying having to choose a board to post to when there is no option for my question....

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: How do I change user email?

Hello @Lmcstack 

Sorry, no one has responded to your question yet. 

Have you managed to resolve your query? 

Generally in this case you should be able to change a user's email address without issue, were you following the steps found inside this Help Article on changing a user's company file access

It's great to see that you have mentioned the workaround solution of creating a brand new user for the email address, and then inviting them and removing the previous one. I would have suggested doing this in more of they will be able to continue to work while you set the new email up.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Lmcstack
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

49Posts

49Kudos

0Solutions

Re: How do I change user email?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response and thanks for the link to how to change a user's company file access.

According to this information, once a user has been established you can't change the user name or email address.  The only way to resolve this is to make the current user inactive and create a new one with the new email address.

Thanks for your assistance.

Cheers

Lynne

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post