Forum Discussion

Valy
Experienced User
3 months ago

Error Message: Value of your inventory may not be less than zero

Hello,

I am having an issue with adjusting 1 item out of stock (MYOB stock shows 1 on hand), it won't record the transaction and the following error message pops up "The value of your inventory may not be less than zero". 

How do i fix this?

Thanks for your help.

Val

7 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Valy,

Thanks for your post.

My apologies for the delay in response. I'm sorry to hear about the error message you're receiving when adjusting items in your inventory. We've run some fixes on your account. We recommend logging out and logging back again to refresh your account, then redoing the process.

Let me know how it goes.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

Valy
      Experienced User

Hello Shella,

Thanks for the reply.

I have logged out and logged back in as suggested and I still get the same answer. 

What is the next step in fixing this?

Regards

Val

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Valy,

Thanks for the update.

My apologies for the late reply. It appears that the error message "Value of your inventory may not be less than zero" is often associated with issues in building or adjusting inventory items. Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue:

• Check the inventory levels of the items you are trying to build or adjust. Ensure that there is sufficient quantity on hand to perform the operation.
        • If you are trying to build an item, refer to the helpful article, Building Items. This article provides detailed steps on how to correctly build items in MYOB.
        • If you are trying to adjust an inventory item, ensure that the adjustment does not result in a negative inventory value. MYOB does not allow the inventory value to go below zero.

If the problem persists, please provide more details about the actions leading to this error for a more accurate solution.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi tornadosolution,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum! To assist you further, could you please send me a private message with the following information?

Serial Number.
    Company File ID.
    Full name and Email.

Looking forward to your response.
    Regards,
    Earl