Forum Discussion

emcaravans
Trusted User
3 years ago

Can't perform super reversal

I have received the refund from MYOB for the super payment made earlier this month and have unmatched the super payment transaction I made in bank feeds. In the manage Payments window, my super transaction says Funds Requested. However, when I try to perform a super reversal transaction so I can redo it when the system is back up and running, I am unable to do so.

Is the reason why I can't perform a reversal because the system is down? And if this is the case, what will happen when it is back up and running and my transaction in Manage Payments says Funds requested? Will the transaction be continued or will I be able to perform a reversal?

Its very confusing, I think we need some clarity on how to go forward with transactions we have already prcoessed, but are unable to reverse.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • MYOB have begun refunding clients who had duplicate super payments removed.

We did not have duplicate payments removed, just one, but it appears that MYOB have decided to refund everyone!

Because they have refunded our payment, I will now need to perform a reversal of my super payment made earlier this month and reprocess the same super payment once the MYOB super system is operating again. I will also have to allocate the debited super payment and the refunded super transaction in Bank Feeds to an expense account because they have no transaction to match too!

Ther is also no indication of how we will be notified that the system is fully operational again. Will we be emailed or will we just stumble across it in the Super tabs the next time we go in.

I feel for those businesses that had duplicate funds removed from their accounts, but now we are all being punished because of it. Not impressed.

• Hi emcaravans

Thanks for your post. The Pay Superannuation service has been temporarily disabled while our teams deal with a duplication error with payment. While we do understand that some users would like to process their superannuation and have through to the superannuation funds as soon as possible, our primary focus is on dealing with the duplication payments. Enabling that service at this time, may compound the problem and further prevent funds from returning to individuals.

We do hope to have that service enabled later this week so that those payments can be made. We will have more information available for users once that service has been re-enabled.

In regards to the handling the super refund, you will need to do the following (you do not need to make any reversals within the pay super window):

When the money was taken out twice, the payment would have only been showing once via pay super. You will need to process a spend money to your super liability account for the duplicate or allocate the bank feed which would do the same thing. 
    To handle the refund: You will need to process a receive money transaction back to your super liability account or allocate your bankfeed.

emcaravans
      Trusted User

Hello Melisa_D,

On the 10.2 I processed a Pay Super transaction. The 'Manage Payments' window listed the transaction as 'Funds Requested'. Later that day MYOB debited my bank account for that transaction which then appeared in my bank feeds. There was only one bank account transaction for the debit (ie. the super payment was not taken from my bank account twice). There was only one debit transaction in my bank account.  I then received an email from MYOB on Friday telling me that I would be refunded and would need to perform a reversal of the Pay Super transaction. 

On Monday I received an email stating that refunds were being processed. The funds were refunded yesterday into my bank (21.2) and have appeared in my bank feeds. This morning via MYOB live chat I was told to perform a reversal of my original Pay Super transacation that I made on the 10.2 and reprocess the transaction when the Super Payments System was operational again.

I went into Manage Payments this morning and attempted to perform the reversal, but it would not update in the Manage Payments window as reversed. It still said "Funds Requested'. I was then informed through Live Chat that until the system was operational again, my reversal would not appear. When the system is operational again, I can check to see if the reversal went through. If not, then I could process the reversal again.

I know some customers had the funds debited from their bank accounts twice, but we did not. So MYOB debited our account once on the 10.2 and then refunded us once on the 21.2.

I don't understand why we had to have our transaction refunded when we were not debited twice.

I will need to perform a reversal (if it did not process this morning) because I did not have duplicate debits taken from my bank account. So MYOB took the money once on the 10.2 and returned it on the 21.2.

Unlike others, my transaction could have been processed as normal (if the system was operational), because I did not have two debits taken. Now I have one debit out and one refund in so I will have to allocate them to an expenses account to zero them out. Then I will have to make sure a reversal has/will occur for the Pay Super transaction I made on the 10.2 (because there is no longer any money debited for that transaction).

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi emcaravans

I understand this situation is not ideal and we apologise for the inconvenience caused by this. 

In regards to the refund you've received, you will need to reverse the original pay superannuation payment so that the refund can be closed off in your bankfeeds. Once this is done you can reprocess the super, this will then be able to be submitted and authorised once the super service is enabled.